TAMCO Install Types
Extended Rear Flange
" extended rear flange frame
MINIMUM OPENING SIZE:
11”w x 6”h (280 mm x 153 mm)
MAXIMUM SINGLE-SECTION OPENING SIZE:
36”w x 48”h (915 mm x 1220 mm)
MAXIMUM MULTI-SECTION OPENING SIZES:
144”w x 96”h (3658 mm x 2438 mm) or
288”w x 48”h (7316 mm x 1220 mm)
- Extended Rear Flange Install Type is designed to facilitate installation by providing a larger fastening area, particularly where dampers are to be attached to the opening of an air handling unit, or wall.
- Damper is constructed with a 2" (50.8 mm) extended flange around the entire perimeter of the rear side of the damper.
- The top and bottom frame flanges on the face side of the damper are 1.063” (27 mm). (The "face side" is the sticker side of the damper.)
- The side frames on the face side of the damper are 0.75” (19 mm) .
- Finished inside frame dimensions of the damper will be identical to the specified opening width & height dimensions.
- Finished outside frame dimensions will be 4” (101.6 mm) larger than the specified opening width & height dimensions.
- Extended Rear Flange Install Type dampers are not designed for insertion of the face side of the damper, as the side frame members extend to the full height of the rear flange.
- Extended Rear Flange dampers installed in an air handling unit must always be installed so that the face side is on the interior, to ensure that the linkage remains dirt-free.
TAMCO UL/ULC Approved Smoke Damper Installation Guidelines