TAMCO Install Types
Extended Rear Flange
2" extended rear flange frame
MINIMUM SECTION SIZE:
4½”w x 4¼”h (115 mm x 108 mm)
MAXIMUM SECTION SIZE:
25 ft² (2.3 m²)
60”w x 60”h (1524 mm x 1524 mm) or
48”w x 75”h (1220 mm x 1905 mm)
- Extended Rear Flange Install Type is designed to facilitate installation by providing a larger fastening area, particularly where dampers are to be attached to the opening of an air handling unit, or wall.
- Applies to SP and NP Profiles only. Not available for WP Profile.
- Damper is constructed with a 2" (50.8 mm) extended flange around the entire perimeter of the rear side of the damper.
- The top and bottom frame flanges on the face side of the damper are 1.063” (27 mm). (The "face side" is the sticker side of the damper.)
- The side frames on the face side of the damper are 0.75” (19 mm) .
- Finished inside frame dimensions of the damper will be identical to the specified opening width & height dimensions.
- Finished outside frame dimensions will be 4” (101.6 mm) larger than the specified opening width & height dimensions.
- Extended Rear Flange Install Type dampers are not designed for insertion of the front of the damper, as the side frame members extend to the full height of the rear flange.
- Extended Rear Flange dampers installed in an air handling unit must always be installed so that the face side is on the interior, to ensure that the linkage remains dirt-free.
- Mullion end caps are not required for Rear Flange Install Type dampers and are not provided as standard. (They can be ordered as separate parts.)
- TAMCO recommends that Series 9000 BF dampers should not be ordered as Extended Rear Flange Install Type. Extended flange extrusions will create a thermal bridge, thereby eliminating the effectiveness and purpose of the thermal break in the damper frame.
- Always provide opening width and height dimensions, when ordering. Width dimension is always parallel to blades. Height dimension is always perpendicular to blades.
TAMCO Aluminum Damper Installation Guidelines