Installing TAMCO Horizontal Jackshafts
Installation design may require jack shaft rod and side bracket assembly to be fitted before damper is installed. This could occur due to lack of space between damper frame and duct work needed for fastening hardware tools.
CHECKLIST BEFORE INSTALLATION
- Ensure installed damper sections conform to TAMCO Aluminum Damper Installation Guidelines, which are included with shipment.
- Damper mounting angles should be sized to allow side bracket to sit directly on damper frame.
- If assistance is required, call
TAMCO CUSTOMER SERVICE 1-800-561-3449.
Recommendation: Do not change the factory placement of blade crank arms along the 1” (25.4 mm) diameter shaft within the jack shaft assembly, as these are optimally aligned for connection to the U-bolts on the damper blades.
- Install bridge bracket assemby to damper frames where the two damper sections meet.
- Place the bridge bracket so that the holes align with all four pre-drilled holes on damper frames. (All damper side frames are predrilled for accurate placement of bridge bracket and side bracket assemblies.)
- Attach bridge bracket assemby to damper frames, using factory-provuded ¼" (6.4 mm) bolts. (Bolts are shipped fastened to the side of the bracket.)
- To connect blade clips to damper drive blades, first loosen and remove the U-bolt hex nuts on front of both damper drive blades. It is important to ensure that the U-bolts do not fall out the back of the damper blades.
TAMCO Aluminum Control Damper Installation Guidelines
Installing Vertical Blade Dampers
Damper Jumper Installation Guidelines
Horizontal Jackshaft Installation Guidelines
Vertical Jackshaft Installation Guidelines