Series 7000 WT
Medium-Duty Weighted Backdraft Damper
- Each blade is manufactured with a mounting hole to receive a front-mounted mechanical weight.
- Weights provide increased load resistance and tighter shut-off.
- Adjustable weights mounted on the exterior face of each blade, permit the blade opening to be tailored to achieve the required resistance and optimal performance, based on installation conditions. (Weights are removable.)
- Series 7000 WT Weighted Backdraft Dampers can be mounted for horizontal airflow or for airflow up operation.
- TAMCO's weighted backdraft dampers are available in Front Flange, In Duct, or Rear Flange install types.
- TAMCO's aluminum construction provides a long, rust-free operational life.
- Aluminum pivot points are over-sized for additional strength and durability.
- TAMCO's weighted backdraft damper blades are securely linked via a large diameter aluminum linkage rod.
- Self-lubricating Celcon bearings ensure a maintenance-free and extended cycle life.
- Silicone seals are provided as standard to ensure sealing longevity. The seals remain flexible down to -40° F/C.
- TAMCO’s linkage and bearing systems combine to provide durable, maintenance-free performance.
Series 7000 WT Medium Duty, Maintenance-Free Weighted Backdraft Damper:
- For installations where adjustable blade resistance is required to resist or delay opening.
- Used to increase resistance to the opening of blades against airflow until a desired static pressure is achieved.
Air leakage through a 24" x 24" (610mm x 610mm) backdraft damper does not exceed 4.32 cfm/ft² (21.95 l/s/m²) against 1" (0.25 kPa) w.g. differential static pressure at standard air.